Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Day in Pasir Ris

Michele, Jeremy, and I traveled to Pasir Ris today, an area of Singapore on the north east part of the island. We walked around a fishing pond for a while, and then explored a big park on the water. Since Jeremy originally told us it was a fishing village, I had low expectations for this adventure. Instead of fish smells, though, I was pleased to find a grassy park and beautiful palm trees! There were also bbqs that you could rent, and we plan to do so in a few weeks!

We spent a long time unsuccessfully searching for bikes to rent, but found the spot as we were about to give up. We saw that they also rented rollar blades, so decided to give that a try instead. We skated all around the park for about an hour and a half, and I think it was one of the most fun experiences I have had since arriving in Singapore!
On Friday and Saturday, Michele and I shopped at malls on Orchard and Bugis. I got a few really nice pieces and am excited to wear them out. I also got a few big belts so I am ready to fit in with my Singaporean fashion! I'll have to get some photographs as I start wearing everything.

It's about time that I get to work though, since combining school with our adventures is pretty tough. Mondays are my longest days here, with classes all morning and then one in the later aftenroon. Tomorrow night I am meeting with the radio station manager, so maybe something exciting will come from that as well!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Meg said...

Danielle! You certainly look tan! Also, you are looking very skinny these days, please eat something! Thanks for the link to my blog, I'll add yours on mine too! Miss you, I'm glad you are enjoying Singapore, and I want to send you guys a postcard upon arriving and settling in. Where can I address it to?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home