Monday, January 22, 2007

Our Room is Ready for Chinese New Year!

In an effort to make our room more festive and lively, Michele and I decided to buy decorations to hang on the walls. We decided that nothing would be more appropriate than decorations for Chinese New Year, so last night we dug through hundreds and hundreds of red decorations to gather the most beautiful, glittery, authentic wall hangings. Our room is much more welcoming now, and has a feeling of home. Also, when we pack up to return to the States, we are going to split everything and be able to decorate our rooms next year! FUN!

In other less major news, my Electronic Broadcast Media professor knows me as the only exchange studnet in the class over over one hundred. Today in my tutorial, one of the girls was explaining something, and all of a sudden started speaking in Chinese. My face must have been pricesless, because seconds later our professor interupeted her with "You need to speak English for Danielle's sake." Awesome.
Also, I met with the station manager of the radio station today, and she asked me to develop, train, and run a news department for NTU. I guess she liked what she read on my resume and was thinking about starting a news department here anyways? Um. I've been here 3 weeks, and I thought last semester's job was a lot. I'm going to keep in touch with her about doing remotes and stuff, but I do not think I am prepared to be responsible for a news department in a country that I don't even understand the government and laws I would be reporting on.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM , Blogger Sheri said...

I'm loving the decorations. They are very cute! That's something I too would do. Glad you are having a wonderful time. Hope to hear more stories and see more pictures. Talk to you soon! Bye!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home